Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Dog Whisperer

The Dog Whisperer had planned something. He had just picked up a shipment from a third party, and if I allowed him to use it, the Dog Whisperer was going to hurt Him, irreparably. Bottlecap was with me, but this was a little before Firefly's time. For quite a few months the Dog Whisperer had been slowly poisoning Him, and apparently His time had come; the Dog Whisperer was going to try to kill Him.

I could not let that happen.

The Dog Whisperer was alone in his hideout, an industrial warehouse, where several of his cronies would normally stay. The Dog Whisperer had sent them away for a meeting he had planned with Him. Unfortunately for the Dog Whisperer, I was there to stop such a meeting from happening. I shimmied up a series of ladders into the upper reaches of the warehouse, Bottlecap between my teeth. Bottlecap was more talkative at the time than she is now, and she showed me where to look, told me how to get out swiftly and silently once the job was done. The Dog Whisperer paced restlessly below me, waiting for Him to show up. The kill was easier than many others I made before or since then; I did not even have to dirty Bottlecap. I dropped down onto the Dog Whisperer's back and twisted his head around until I heard his neck make a satisfying snap. The Dog Whisperer would not be hurting Him today, or any time soon.

-Amontillado

No comments:

Post a Comment